Friday, June 13, 2014

Weekly Style Steal - Taeyang @ M!Countdown

After four years of solo silence, South-Korea's R&B king Dong Youngbae, better known as Big Bang's Taeyang, has made his return with a new album called RISE. As it is customary in SK's Kpop industry, he is currently performing on several music shows to promote this album and it's songs. And so he did on this weeks show called M!Countdown, where he performed his Intro, the song "Eyes, Nose, Lips" as well as "1AM".


I have been a VIP (official fan-name for the group Big Bang) for some time now, and I have always adored Taeyang's style. On top of that, we share the love for black and Chanel. I imagine he reaches for his black (meaning unlimited in Korea) creditcard quite often, since he is basically made out of Chanel or Saint Laurent a lot of times. For those of us that can't afford it, but still want the captivating-cool-charismatic-idgaf-dancer look; let's steal his style.




Not to mention he is a huge Chrome Hearts lover, something he has incommon with Karl Lagerfeld. The two, and Taeyang's fellow BigBang member G-Dragon, have met each other during Chanel's show at Paris Fashion Week.


It is wise, yet expensive to invest in some solid basic real leather pieces. The way it wears out and sits on the body is a thousant times prettier than fake-leather.
Another focal point of this look are the red Timberlands. I never really liked the type of shoe; I felt like they were rather uncouth, but I really really like these red ones.
And there's the muscle tank, something Taeyang wears a lot as well, with a random but beautiful picture on it. I chose this one since I think Taeyang would wear it if somebody gave it to him (and not only to be nice to the gift giver; for example a grandmother that has spent the last 3 months knitting that fugly christmas sweater).


This look can be pulled off like Taeyang does it (in front of a camera on a huge stage before the eyes of thousands of fans) or it can blend into the crowd if you want it to. Of course you don't want it to, because your rad attitude will make you stand out anywhere; and this look just seems to help you out with that. Let's party till 1AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment