Source: Chanel News
The first thing one notices is of course the state of the Grand Palais: a snow white garden filled with a clean formation of plants and bushes, accompanied by a gardener of whom I wish he were mine. Not soon after, the flowers, of which most - I should speak for myself: I - thought they were immovable open, and display a select palette of intense colors and different movements, much like a cold spring morning far away from the city, where the air is clean and fleeting. However.
Moving on; the models begin to enter the fashionable roundabout, and pose briefly, before they move on. Do I have to repeat how significant tweed is for Chanel? I hope not, as we are treated to a wide variety of - what seems to be tweed - many colors, shapes, jackets and textures. Nothing unexpected, as this is the house's trademark after all. What is however noteworthy are the accessories and shapes, as they sit on the body of the ever so seemingly underweight models. What is new? The beanie and the crop top. Hm...
Source: Chanel News
If it weren't for couture, I wonder if this would have been a thing as it is now. In my personal opinion, the shapes are all but flattering and pull the tall models out of proportion. Therefore, it's a good thing that couture is not meant as everyday wear and merely a form of art and excellent craftsmanship. "Midriff is the new cleavage"... Well, allright then, Karl, but I'm pretty sure it has been for the past 2 years-or-so. At least in my world. Even though the beanie has been out and about for a while now, amongst us youngsters, the association of street-style baggy fashion does all but coincide with the neat double breasted button-ups. Which is actually a pleasure to take note of. I hope mere fashionista will get busy with DIY-ing these using some plastic flowers and fabric.
Source: Styleblazer
Other than that, I noticed the adorable belts sweeping by the skirts left and right. Simplicity shows up again! An easy thing to duplicate, finally! I am curious to how I would personally incorporate this into my own wardrobe, but the idea, be it, perhaps, not groundbreaking either, is very pleasing. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the impeccable work of the Chanel seamstresses, who have probably been sitting on these, especially the last gown, for months at end and have probably been in a state of uproar for twice that time.
Althought the shapes weren't as breathtakingly stunning as Elie Saab's flowy forest collection or the concept as shocking as #dickowen; Chanel will always be what it is: a place of luxury and femininity, that stands out without standing out. On the other hand, Chanel doesn't need any of that, because any collection is enchanting, without offering the ability to discover where this enchantment originates. It couldn't have been the smell of flowers; of that I am certain.




No comments:
Post a Comment