On a side note: “I know it has been done before!”
Occasionally, I speak to myself in prose, even when there are others around that might call me slightly mentally ill. But I know it. It has been done many times before, this entire style-steal thing. So, how to keep it interesting? Simply by converting the latest show-styles into daily wear and introducing the fashionistas you hoped you were born as, but have never heard of.
Occasionally, I speak to myself in prose, even when there are others around that might call me slightly mentally ill. But I know it. It has been done many times before, this entire style-steal thing. So, how to keep it interesting? Simply by converting the latest show-styles into daily wear and introducing the fashionistas you hoped you were born as, but have never heard of.
But I probably don’t have to tell you that, now, do I?
I want to focus on one of the attendees that caught my eye the instant I saw her. While probably none of us could get away with pulling a Rihanna in the office, my eye fell directly on the woman wearing a dark blue long Prabal dress with a gentle split and, furthermore, the dazzling simplicity that graced her appearance. Joan Smalls in the building ladies and gentlemen.
So.
Let’s steal this look that looks like a tropical island shrouded in minimalistic simplicity. How hard can it be?
Let’s steal this look that looks like a tropical island shrouded in minimalistic simplicity. How hard can it be?
Blue seems to be the it-color this sparkly season. Navy does kind of well on beaches. It’s not called navy for fun.
I personally hate blue, but navy is do-able, especially since I became jealous of how well Joan Smalls does it over here. Oh, look at dat leg. Oh she didn’t.
On top of that, the look is easy to duplicate for all of us (or am I on my own here?) funny kids that don’t really have any money, but still manage to spend it on things they don’t need.
Cropped tops and bustiers are trending hard (as far as Forever 21 and H&M make us believe, together with the loads of instagram shots and pinterest pins displaying teens baring their belly button) and maxi-skirts have been back around for a year or two (maybe three) now. What the heck will I do if this trend dies down again?! Keep wearing it of course. I don't really give any Fs. In the sun, the skirt provides great protection for the legs. My legs always tend to get really dry, so I could use some of that.
And there’s a beach bag, of course. Because Joan Smalls doesn’t have one doesn’t mean we have to live with the discomfort of not having everything you probably won’t ever need with you on the go.
The walhalla is there: F21 does eventually provide us with a crop top. Too bad the store isn't anywhere near me; you boys and girls in the big cities better know how lucky you are, as the closest F21 is in Amsterdam (which really is, quite far).
Let me know what your favorite red carpet outfit at the CFDA awards was~
No comments:
Post a Comment